11 B2B Data Enrichment Tools [That You Can Try For Free]
Jump ahead to:
Wouldn’t it be nice if your sales team could look into a crystal ball? They could stare at it and see relevant, accurate data about target prospects. 🔮
This might seem like an out-of-this-world concept. But it’s possible thanks to B2B data enrichment.
Enrichment is the process of populating existing data with additional information. It can also be called data appending. There are manual ways of doing this, plus plenty of great tools on the market that do it automatically.
Let’s look at some data enrichment tools you can try for free. 👇
A free data enrichment tool that should 100% be on your radar. Kaspr will enrich data while you find individual prospects or lead lists on LinkedIn, Sales Navigator and Recruiter Lite. Users of Kaspr get instant access to accurate data verified and checked against 150 sources.
When you sign up to Kaspr for free, you can start by using the LinkedIn Chrome Extension to find phone numbers, email addresses and company info to sync back to your CRM and other apps.
The Kaspr web app also makes it possible to enrich data later on using a workflow. 👇
Kaspr’s database has over 500 million phone numbers and email addresses, so there is plenty to enrich your systems!
Why over 100K users enrich data with Kaspr
- Data is checked and verified against 150 sources.
- 500M+ phone numbers and email addresses.
- Data coverage spans the US, Europe and APAC.
- Part of Cognism: One of the largest cell phone databases in the world.
- GPDR and CCPA aligned.
- Seamless experience across the Chrome Extension and web app.
- Send accurate data straight back to your CRM with integration.
- Request data with a waitlist.
- Lead management capabilities include tags, notes, and task creation.
Kaspr pricing plans
- Kaspr is entirely free to try; in the free plan, you will get each month: 5 phone credits, 5 direct email credits, and 10 export credits.
- Unlimited B2B email addresses are available on every plan (including free when you invite three colleagues to sign up).
- Paid subscriptions for Kaspr start from $49 for the Starter plan.
👉 Psst: Did we mention trying Kaspr for free?
Another great data enrichment tool is Cognism, which will help you connect with 87% of your list. Cognism goes further than Kaspr as a data provider, with technographic and intent data, plus sales event triggers. It’s safe to say Cognism should fall high on your list, too!
Cognism’s ‘Enhance’ feature makes it easy for users to keep their lists clean. Refresh stale records and fill in missing gaps.
2000+ revenue teams use Cognism to enrich data
- Human-verfied cell phone numbers (Diamond Data®).
- Verification service on request (Diamonds-on-Demand®).
- Data coverage across NAM, EMEA and APAC.
- Fully GDPR and CCPA compliant.
- Unrestricted record views and page-level exporting (subject to fair use policy).
- Intent data powered by Bombora.
- Sales trigger events and firmographic data.
About Cognism’s pricing
- Cognism’s pricing is based on your company’s needs, so it is tailored.
- Subscriptions are based on consumption, so you’re not limited by credits.
- Try Cognism for free with 25 enriched leads to trial the data.
- Get in touch with the sales team to find out more.
💡 Compare both: Kaspr vs. Cognism: mega showdown.
Lusha is another data enrichment platform on the market. Thanks to its 7 Trust-Filters™, businesses can get full access to unique and high-quality data on decision-makers.
The tool helps keep your CRM and other systems up-to-date with fresh data by using automated workflows that enhance your current contacts, leads, and accounts. You can also find new contacts to add using Lusha’s Chrome Extension.
It’s worth mentioning that integrations are only available from Lusha’s Scale Plan. So, if updating your systems is a priority, you’ll need to be able to commit to this plan if you pick Lusha as your data enrichment provider.
- LinkedIn Chrome Extension for finding data for new prospects.
- Intent data, job change filters and alerts.
- Enrich your CRM with up-to-date data.
- GDPR and CCPA compliant.
- The free plan available for Lusha will get you 5 phone credits and 50 email credits per month.
- Their paid subscriptions start at $29 per user per month with their Pro Plan.
- For the enrichment of your systems, CRM integrations start at the Scale Plan.
💡 See how Kaspr compares: Kaspr vs. Lusha.
The next tool on our list is Adapt.io. Enrichment within Adapt enables you to complete your data from form fills or other sources. There are a few ways you can enrich data using Adapt; this includes updating a CSV file, updating your CRM and using their API.
Adapt enriches using 25+ data attributes like direct dial, phone number, email address and department within the company.
Features of Adapt.io
- Data enrichment to update CSV files, your CRM and other systems using the Adapt.io API.
- 200M+ contact profiles within their database.
- 25+ data attributes to update contacts with.
Adapt.io’s free trial and pricing
- Adapt.io's free trial is a bit limiting compared to others on this list - It lasts 7 days, but no credit card is required to sign up.
- Adapt.io’s subscriptions are gated, so you’ll need to submit a form to speak with sales.
- From their website, it looks like pricing is tailored to your needs.
The Snov.io API makes it easy to fully integrate this enrichment platform and get full lead profiles based on email addresses only. It works by searching through the entire Snov.io database and providing all the information that’s held on that email address.
You can also sync prospects using Snov.io’s integrations with HubSpot, Pipedrive and more. It’s not clear from their website how big the Snov.io database is, but it does look like they specialize in email addresses with an email finder, email verifier and email warm-up (to make sure you get into the main inbox).
- Enrich data with the Snov.io API based on email addresses.
- Update your systems with data using the available integrations.
- It’s unclear from the website how much data is in Snov.io’s database.
Snov.io pricing plans
- The free trial of Snov.io will give you 50 credits, 100 email recipients, 1 mailbox warm-up, unlimited sender accounts, and unlimited follow-ups.
- Paid plans for Snov.io start from $30 per month on the Starter plan - it’s from here that you’ll start to benefit from integrations, too.
They’ve recently joined forces with HubSpot; the next tool on our list is Clearbit. The data enrichment that Clearbit provides is powered by machine learning.
100+ reliable firmographic, demographic and technographic data attributes can be updated for every contact and account in your CRM, marketing automation and other tools. A unique feature of Clearbit is that it can automatically refresh data on all your records every 30 days, wherever they are.
Features of Cleabit
- Data enrichment powered by machine learning and high-trained QA (quality assurance).
- Automatically refresh records as soon as a change is detected.
- APIs and webhooks to update your back-end systems.
- Clearbit offers its Clearbit Connect Chrome Extension for free, with 10 credits per month for revealing verified emails.
- For further information on Clearbit’s pricing, you’ll need to submit the form on the pricing page of their website; this requires your email address, number of contacts in your database and any additional messages.
- Their customized plans include company enrichment, contact enrichment, lead scoring and routing, form optimization and intent-based outreach.
Apollo.io have a few unique features, like the data health center, where users can unlock their total addressable market (TAM) and identify missing or inaccurate data. The tool will also flag incorrect data in your CRM due to job changes and track any contacts that are missing email addresses.
The features of Apollo.io
- 275M+ contacts in their database.
- Data health center for identifying missing or inaccurate data.
- Find out any data that needs to be updated due to job changes.
- Schedule automatic enrichment when new data becomes available.
Apollo.io’s free and paid subscriptions
- The free plan Apollo offers has unlimited email credits, 5 cell phone credits and 10 export credits per month, plus basic sequence automation and other features.
- Paid plans for Apollo start from $49 per month for the Basic Plan.
- Enrichment for your CRM, CSV files, Marketo and data updates based on job change alerts start in the Basic Plan.
ZoomInfo boasts a vast database containing information on more than 104 million companies and 321 million business professionals, which likely contributes to its widespread popularity. Users of ZoomInfo can enrich their CRM and marketing automation platforms however often they like with their workflows.
ZoomInfo also provides insights into how healthy your database is through metrics and embedded reports.
ZoomInfo data enrichment features
- There are a few different packages ZoomInfo offers for data enrichment; these include Enrich Essential, Enrich Premium, Enrich Premium+, Enrich APIs & Webhooks, Enrichment Services and Enhance.
- Each of these means users can decide how granular they’d like their data enrichment to be, from just updating the CRM to deduping lists.
- Advanced technographics for insights into what competing or complimentary solutions prospects use.
About ZoomInfo’s pricing
- ZoomInfo offers a free trial, which is why it’s made this list; it lasts 14 days.
- There are different tiers of ZoomInfo pricing for sales, marketing and recruitment.
- You’ll need to reach out to sales for more info.
9. 6sense Revenue AI
6sense Revenue AI is a tool that helps businesses prioritize their potential customers. It tracks online behavior to gauge buying interest and provides insights to focus on the most promising leads. While they offer a free plan with basic contact and company information, it doesn’t include additional details like technology usage or interests.
6sense Revenue AI features
- Enrichment workflows to automatically update your CRM records based on your configurations.
- Buyer intent data to know when prospects are more likely to buy.
- Chrome Extension for leads generation.
Pricing for 6Sense Revenue AI
- There is a free plan available for 6Sense Revenue AI; it includes 50 free credits per month, list management and more features.
- You’ll need to book a demo to find out how their paid plans are priced.
- There are three paid plans for 6Sense Revenue AI: Team, Growth and Enterprise.
Datanyze is another B2B enrichment tool that’s made this list. It’s similar to Kaspr in that it helps salespeople get data for the prospects they are looking at on LinkedIn.
Though Datanyze is able to give users enriched data while they browse LinkedIn, it doesn’t look like it comes with native integrations to update your CRM and other systems. You can export the lists you create to CSV files, though.
Top features of Datanyze
- B2B contact database with phone numbers and email addresses.
- Contact list management to export data in a CSV file for adding to your CRM.
- Chrome Extension for prospecting on LinkedIn.
- Datanyze has a free trial that lasts 90 days; users will get 10 credits per month for this.
- Paid subscriptions start at $21 per month when billed yearly.
- The paid Datanyze plans are of good value, but it might be worth going with a data enrichment tool that offers more credits in its plans.
FullContact is an enrichment platform that can update your systems with many different data points, including business phone numbers, email addresses, and more.
The enrichment offered by FullContact happens in real-time and uses multidimensional insights, ethical sourcing and an API to update your systems.
- Accurate insights link a person through deterministic matching based on real observations from data points.
- Permission-based information to keep data ethical.
- Use FullContact’s API to update data in real time.
FullContact pricing and free trial
- You can try FullContact as your data enrichment tool for free using their 14-day trial.
- The pricing is gated, so you’ll need to speak to a member of their sales team.
What types of data enrichment tools are there?
The data cleansing process can be done manually. But let’s face it, this is so time-consuming, and it’s easy for small details to fall through the cracks.
This is where data enrichment tools come in. 🤩
These tools use two types of B2B data:
- Public. Anything that is freely available in the public domain. Includes websites, social media, and news articles.
- Private. Data sources that are secured from public view. They can only be accessed with a subscription, permission, or payment. Includes paywall websites, financial and market intelligence, and Data as a Service (DaaS) providers.
Here are some essential considerations if you’re looking for a solution to implement:
- GDPR and CCPA alignment - Your business needs to align with data laws. So, it makes sense to look for tools that already do this.
- Integrations - You’ll want to sync up with any of your other sales apps. Ensure your enrichment tool sends the updated data to other systems, like your CRM.
- Customizable alerts - Important tasks and next actions must be tracked. Data enrichment platforms with this capability help you with your cadence.
- Filtering and list building - Too much data at once can feel overwhelming. A good tool will have advanced filters and lists so reps can see clearly and group their prospects.
- Types of data available - You need to know whether it is just the contact data you need. There are lots of tools out there. Some go a step further to provide buying insights like intent data so you know when someone is more likely to close as a customer.
What is B2B data enrichment?
In B2B, enrichment is the process of enhancing or improving data by adding additional information. An example of data enrichment would be updating your CRM using a prospecting tool to sync contact information like phone numbers and email addresses back to your tools.
The main objective of data enrichment is to make business data more complete, reliable and actionable.
In sales, marketing and RevOps, it’s particularly important for:
- Making data better. Enrichment improves the quality of your contact data, so people in sales call numbers that actually ring.
- Adding more info. It fills in any missing pieces, so you can easily find cell phone numbers rather than those from the switchboard.
- Better targeting. Enriched data allows you to group your prospects more effectively based on location or company size.
- Clean data. Enrichment also helps tidy up your data; most tools will sync it back to your systems, too.
- Connecting you with good leads. There’s nothing more frustrating than finding a good prospecting but not having the contact details to speak with them. Data enrichment removes barriers like this.
B2B data sources
If your sales team wants to speak to more prospects, good quality B2B data is crucial.
But where does this type of data come from? It’ll be one of these three sources:
- Inbound leads
- Sales sourced
- Data providers
Here’s an explanation of each.
1. Inbound leads
B2B data often comes as inbound leads. This could be when potential customers share information on your landing pages and other website contact forms.
This data can be valuable because it’s directly from the lead. But it’s important to consider the intent behind the action.
Requesting a demo is a far higher-intent activity than downloading an e-book (if your marketing team is still hung up on lead gen 😉).
2. Sales sourced
Your sales development team can also go on the hunt for their data, particularly if cold outreach is a common route for you.
They’ll research companies and prospects they want to turn into opportunities. Remember, Chet Holme’s buyer’s pyramid says 30% of your ideal customer profile (ICP) are “not thinking about buying”... yet.
This data type used to take time, effort, and often a lot of spreadsheets. But now, some great B2B contact data tools are on the market (Ahem).
3. Data providers
You can also get contact info through B2B data providers.
This could look like lists based on your ICP. Unfortunately, these can still come in spreadsheet form.
It could also be enrichment through a third party. Maybe you’re using LinkedIn Sales Navigator and have decided to upload your lead list to a bulk phone finder.
This can also be entire platforms, whether automatically retrieving contact data by web scraping or providing intent insights.
Why do you need enrichment processes?
Data cleansing is part of the enrichment process. This fixes incorrect, incomplete, or duplicate data.
Old email addresses, duplicate contacts, and misspelled names will slow down your outbound sales team.
Here are some key indications that your data isn’t healthy:
- Low connection rates - Reps struggle to get through to prospects on the phone. Even to leave a voicemail message.
- The data is on do not call (DNC) lists - Compliance with laws and regulations is key. If your data isn’t updated regularly, it’s likely to be in breach of GDPR.
- High email address bounce rates - Sales emails fall on deaf ears and bounce back. This is a sign that the emails are just plain incorrect.
- Email auto-replies - Nothing more frustrating than getting an auto-reply that they’ve left the company forever.
There are no two ways; keeping data clean is a priority. 💯
Especially in this environment, where daily prospecting is required. As Morgan J Ingram, x4 Top Sales Voice on LinkedIn explains here. 🎬
But enrichment also provides benefits like:
Sending targeted outreach
Everyone knows the "pray and spray" approach doesn't work anymore. Your salespeople need to make their outreach specific to stand out. Which is where data enrichment comes into play. Helping you create targeted outreach towards each group.
Having a higher success rate
Accurate data means your outbound team can focus on speaking to the right people. And hit the numbers they need to do this. More conversations mean higher conversion rates.
Richer customer profiles
How successful you are in your sales efforts depends on data quality. To make sure all communication is unique, you need to show that you know about your prospects. The correct quantitative and qualitative data allows you to create personas that are useful when going through your pitch. The richer the profile, the better the interaction.
A speedier sales funnel
It can sometimes take months to move a prospect through the sales funnel to convert to a lead. But with data enrichment, sales reps can forget leads that don’t fit their ICP and focus on the ones that do.
Maintain data compliance
Data protection laws, including GDPR, restrict the type of data a company can store and for how long. The data enrichment process comes in handy here. Because it helps teams keep up with these laws as prospects unsubscribe or add themselves to do-not-call lists.
Start automating your enrichment today
Accurate data doesn’t grow on trees. 🌲
But with the right tools, your sales team can find it easily. If you want to arm your reps with the best chance for success, consider trying Kaspr for free.
Join the 50K+ Kaspr users:
✅ No credit card is required to sign up.
✅ GDPR and CCPA aligned.
✅ 500M+ email addresses and phone numbers.
✅ All-in-one prospecting tool.
✅ Fully self-service.
✅ Customizable plans.